Sunday, September 21, 2008

Cover Letters

I do agree with a lot of the advice given in the cover letter links. The sections I found most useful were The Reality of Cover Letters and The Worst Use of the Cover Letter. They both talked about how you should not mass mail your cover letter and resume to companies- if you do that, you’ll likely be rejected or just filed away. I had always assumed mass mailing your info was a real option for job seekers.

I was not aware (or maybe I just didn’t remember) that you could add testimonials to your cover letter. I don’t think I’ll actually use this when writing my cover letter in preparation for the mock interview. However, it is a good thing to know about.

The cover letter checklist is a nice, concise tool to use to make sure your cover letter is a good one, and I found the example cover letter to be extremely helpful as well.

No comments: