Thursday, September 25, 2008

Free Topic Post

This week is our free topic week.

First of all, I'm not up to date on the news/politics or anything like that, so my post will not be that impressive. I do not watch the news... too many bad things happen.

So the "current events" I'll discuss will be current events in my own life. I hope that is okay!

I have been really busy lately! I am currently halter breaking a Dairy heifer to show this season. If you've never done that before... it is a LOT of work! I spend several hours out at the farm just getting her used to me touching her and teaching her how to lead on a halter. She's a little fiesty thing, and she's tried kicking me once already! However, my heifer is leading nicely now, I'm very impressed with her- she learns fast.

I've also been riding horses 3 times a week. I ride every Monday and Wednesday in a class here at school. On the weekends I drive back home and ride my own horse... she is nowhere near as well trained as the school's horses, so it's always more of a challenge! But I like to think that we are both learning together.

And of course, regular classwork has kept me quite busy as well. My first test in my hardest class is coming up next week... so naturally I'm getting very worked up about it. I mean do you know how the Krebs cycle or the TCA cycle works? Yeah, me either.

2 comments:

Julie L said...

Hey Emily!! I wrote about your presentation in my blog!!

Kit said...

Hey Emily, just wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed your presentation. It made me want to go to a cow show!