Thursday, October 23, 2008

Miscommunication

I have worked in a dog kennel during the summer for several years now. Several dogs had to be walked/played with daily and sometimes there would be two or three people working on it. Before the kennel started printing out a list of dogs that needed walks for us, we would often have miscommunication issues. I would pull out a dog and walk it for 15 minutes, then move on to another one. Sometimes someone else might walk the same dog again, because they were not sure if I had walked it already!

They could have just checked with me to see which dogs I'd walked already, or they could have just paid attention- I would normally just see someone walking a dog and make a mental note that it's been walked. As you can see, this whole system was a little ridiculous. So, the kennel started making a list of dogs that needed walks. Now, we can all just initial our names next to the dog's name to note that we've already walked it. This way dogs don't get double-walks, so we save time, too.

No comments: